We have just launched our first ever beginner-level jazz master class: ‘How to Get Started with Jazz Guitar’ by Dr Quentin Angus.
In this master class, you will learn essential licks, chords and concepts as taught in jazz programs in New York City and leading jazz programs across the world.
By the end of this course you will be able to play chords and solo over any well known jazz standard, and apply your skills to other styles such as neo-soul, funk and rock.
Quentin Angus is an Assistant Professor of Music and head of the jazz department at BMCC in NYC. He holds a PhD, a Masters of Music, and is the author of five transcription books of Gilad Heklsenman. He is widely regarded as one of the best jazz instructors in the world.
Quentin has performed and recorded with jazz luminaries Ari Hoenig, Shai Maestro, Colin Stranahan, Linda Oh and Will Vinson. He has studied under legendary jazz musicians, including Jason Moran, Nate Smith, John Riley, Jonathan Kreisberg, Randy Johnston, Pat Martino and Adam Rodgers.
What’s inside the master class
This master class contains everything you need to get started with jazz guitar. It includes:
- More than 80 HD video lessons that step you through the essential concepts for learning jazz guitar.
- Backing tracks for all of the lessons and licks.
- A jazz handbook of over 90 pages with TABs for all the lessons.
- An extensive lick package of 40 easy-to-learn jazz licks to get you started.
- A package of all new and original jazz-based SongSquads.
This master class is simply the best way to dive into the infinitely complex but endlessly satisfying world of jazz.
Get access for only $6/mo by becoming a PickUp Music member today.