We’re excited to launch the 12th round of the Pickup Music Emerging Artist Fund supported by D’Angelico Guitars.
The winner will collaborate on a writing session with Cautious Clay, be featured across our Instagram pages and win a D’Angelico guitar.
A big part of what we do at Pickup Music is support emerging artists. We love discovering amazing new talent and supporting them to build a career in the music industry. With the support of D’Angelico Guitars, we’ve created the Pickup Music Emerging Artist Fund to give the chance for one new artist to be highlighted on our channels and work with established artists.
Then upload it to Instagram with the hashtag #pickupCautiousClay. Then, log on to the Pickup Music website as a member, fill out the form and enter the link to your Instagram video. Bam – you’ve entered!
The winner will receive:
- An invitation to collaborate on a writing session with Cautious Clay
- $500 prize money
- A D’Angelico Deluxe Ludlow valued at approximately $1,299 USD.
- Features on Pickup Music’s Instagram pages.
Submit Your Entry
Online entries are open for Pickup Music members.
Already a member? Sign-in here.
Not yet a member? Get access here.
Who is eligible to enter?
Online submission are open to all Pickup Music members who are 13 years or older.
How do I enter?
First, take a video of yourself covering “Agreeable” by Cautious Clay.
Then upload it to Instagram with the hashtag #pickupCautiousClay. Then, log on to the Pickup Music website, fill out the form and enter the link to your Instagram video. Bam – you’ve entered!
When does the competition open and close?
Entries will be accepted starting September 22, 2020 at 9 AM and ending October 5, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time.
Do I have to be a Pickup Music member to enter?
You have to be a Pickup Music member to enter your submission online. A membership gets you access to the full collection of our Master Classes, SongSquads, Essential Licks, 5 Minutes Lessons, the Artist Toolkit and priority access to all our live shows. All for $6 a month. You can sign up here.
How many times can I enter?
Once per member per round. If you upload multiple entries, we will discard all but the first one you uploaded for that round. But we run the competition once every month or so – so if you don’t win this time, you can upload another entry next month.
Does the video have to be of myself?
Yes. You can’t just upload a video of your friend or John Mayer or something like that. It has to be you being awesome with music.
I don’t sing, can I still enter?
Absolutely! We accept entries from all instruments and music types.
Does my entry have to have a theme?
Yes – it needs to be a cover of “Agreeable” by Cautious Clay
Can I enter with friends or my band?
Videos featuring more than one person are eligible, such as duos and bands. However, these entries must meet the following requirements:
- The person submitting the entry must have the full rights to the video and appear in the video.
- The person submitting the entry must have the consent of all the people appearing in the video to submit the video and enter the contest.
- The prizes will only be awarded to the person who submitted the video. For example, if your friend submits a video of the two of you playing together and the video wins, the D’Angelico guitar, $500 and invitation will be awarded to your friend who made the submission. You can work out how you want to divide up the prizes, but we won’t be getting involved.
Can I do a cover?
Yes, you need to cover “Agreeable” by Cautious Clay
Do I need to live in LA to win?
The competition is open to Pickup Music members world-wide.
Also, if you win and are located in the US, D’Angelico Guitars will either ship the guitar to the you or we’ll arrange for it to be collected by you. If you win but are located outside of the US, you will be required to pay for the cost of shipping the guitar to you.
How will writing with Cautious Clay work?
As the situation with COVID-19 is developing, we will work with the winner and Cautious Clay to organise the safest way to write together, probably by collaborating online.
How is the winner decided?
The Winner will be chosen through the following process:
1) A short-list will be selected by PickUp: PickUp Music Inc. will review all entries and select a shortlist. The shortlist will be based entirely on PickUp Music’s discretion and judgement about which videos it decides demonstrate the most promise for a career in the music industry. PickUp Music also has full discretion on how many entries it selects for the shortlist.
2) Cautious Clay will choose the winner from this shortlist. Cautious Clay has full discretion on which artist from this shortlist he chooses.
Whilst the videos may also receive views and likes on Instagram, this will not be a contributing factor to the selection of the winner.
I just uploaded my video to Instagram with the hashtag. Is that all I have to do?
No – you still have to go onto pickupmusic.com, fill out the form and enter in the url to your instagram video. Otherwise the entry does not count.
I’m not on Instagram. Can I still enter?
Sorry – we’re only accepting entries with a url for an instagram video. This also makes it easier for us to feature you if you win.
Any advice on how to make a good Instagram video for my entry?
Check out the Pickup Music Artist Toolkit for a ton of advice on how to turn your Instagram videos from good to great.